Manufacturing Process Engineer Aerospace
Job Code: MFGENG
Job Location: Springfield,MA
Industry: Aerospace / Power Generation
Type: Full Time Employee
Last Updated: 04/16/2014
Our client is currently seeking a Process Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the manufacturing processes for the Division both for new part introduction and long term production support. You will also assist the Operations groups in meeting the technical, quality, and delivery requirements of the customer. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
- Analyze customer engineering drawings and documentation for materials, process and quality elements.
- Create part geometry and detailed operation sheets to support each operation; Create, update and maintain operation sequence sheets for either new orders, or in support process improvements.
- Process sheet updates and incorporation of customer supplied models into process.
- Assist in the concept design of required tools and gages, support changes to existing tools and fixture as improvements are identified.
- Create Repair procedures for non-conforming product and customer returns.
- Engineering change review including: identification of cost reduction or increases; identification of tooling modifications required; determination on use of existing components – usable or obsolete to requirements and specification; identification and creation of new job numbers; and respond to requests of information to the customer base.
- Ability to generate operation sheets and tool drawings utilizing a 3D CAD/CAM terminal.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement; suggests and encourages innovative ideas to improve current systems and processes.
- 3D CAD with advanced modeling experience, Unigraphics NX 7.5 preferred.
- Working knowledge of multi-axis machining centers, lathes and grinders capabilities.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in related engineering preferred
- Minimum of five to seven years direct experience in process or manufacturing engineering of Aerospace machining component
Apply for this job!
Return to job postings